I ordered a bunch of compact tape measures to give to game masters at Barrage. Today I made mockups of the tables that will be stuck to the two sides. I think they will be a nice gift.
Over the past several months I have occasionally posted pictures of works in progress for the space ship I am building for Combat Patrol(TM) science fiction skirmish games. After finishing up some additional “furniture,” I assembled what I have completed and took a couple of pictures.
I have been building rooms from Depron, which is essentially the foam stuff between cardboard in foam core board. It cuts easily and glues with Tacky Glue. The idea is to build a bunch of these boxes and then be able to assemble them in different configurations from game to game. I haven’t determined what the basic deck of the ship will be made of on which these boxes will be arranged. Greg has ordered a mat made from mouse pad material that might work.
The link above is to the warp core to my space ship.
I printed the doors on card stock. I found glue sticks that are the kind of glue on post-it notes, so they can be removed and replaced at will. The glue leaves no residue behind. In the picture below, you can see what a door looks like when it is opened. During a game I’ll be able to pull off the closed doors and replace them with opened doors at will.
I made the corner light bars and the doors in PowerPoint. The corner light bars help hide the seams in the boxes and also provide a sufficiently science fiction look.
Well, I figure it is about half completed. I need to build the engine room, cargo hold, a few more rooms, and some weapon turrets. It is starting to shape up, however.