With my wife and daughter out of town, I painted the four buildings in the previous post, and I also had a chance to work on twenty more Dark Ages infantry. The box contained 40 figures, so I am half way done.
These were all sprayed white and painted with Contrast paints, except the shields ant silver.
Some months ago (last September) I picked up a failed 3D print in the flea market at Barrage. It was missing a handful of track links at different places. I found an stl file of a Land Raider (not GW), printed part of it, cut off some of the track links and then did a little surgery on the tank. While close inspection reveals the places I had to fix, I don’t think it will be obvious on the gaming table. I will dry brush it a lighter color to match the paint color on the extra Dust turret I had in my bits box. I also have an extra Panther turret, so I’ll paint it the same green (which I know is a non-historical paint scheme, but I don’t think you need to be too fussy with an ahistorical tank.
Quite a while ago I invested in the the Terrains4Games Kickstarter. These arrived a few weeks ago. The pledge I made came with six buildings, a chicken coop, and a small shed. This weekend my wife and daughter were out of town, so I assembled and painted three of them. One of the things that appealed to me about these buildings is that the half-timber pieces are separate, so I can spray paint the buildings a base color and then spray the half timber pieces separately. That makes assembly fast and easy — even in Florida where the humidity makes it take a long time for spray paint to dry.
Later today, I finished the fourth building. Here it is. Two more to go.
I am really happy with the quality of the buildings. My only complaint is that the second story to two-story buildings is not represented. All buildings are empty shells.