I finally got around to modifying two Make Knight tanks that I bought recently. These used to sell for $35 each, but I found two at $5 each at different conventions.
This is what the tank looks like before I modified it. I’ve never thought the spikey wheel on the front made much sense. I could only imagine this tank burrying its front end into the dirft after a few yards and becoming immobile. I ordered resin wheels from Brigade games, cut off the spikey wheels, repainted the whole thing, and glued on the new wheels. I also mounted a commander’s machinegun (also from Brigade Games) on top. I’m pretty happy with the way the two tanks turned out.
I’m not sure when these tanks will see action for the first time, but at least they are off the project table. So, now I have to devise a scenario that uses them in time for Historicon!